Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 5, Lindsey Vonn

Immediately after the 30th men's downhiller went by, Doug and I packed our gear and hiked over to the women's course to shoot training. We skied down to "Hot Air" jump right above the finish. I had checked it out the day of the first training run that was cancelled. Shot Lindsey catching air, but something didn't look right.

Later in the mixed zone she commented to the media that it was too painful to "tuck" on the jumps. We hiked down to the finish and caught her talking to reporters.


She walked off with her husband and we wonder if she will compete or not. If the weather pushes back the runs, she may have a chance.

3 comments:

  1. Another SI Cover curse. Hope she overcomes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. Great stuff E!

    Maybe I'll see you tomorrow. Skiing and Skeleton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I love your photos. They are just wonderful, and capture the moment. You are so lucky to have such an amazing profession and be at the Olympics! I wish I was you :-). I am sure you have noticed that I am such an Olympics fanatic ;-). My friend sent me this ecard where you can upload 5 photos. It is just wonderful, I am sure you'll take a good use of it. Here is the link to the one my friend sent but you can make your own! http://spiritclips.com/filmcards/view?aid=3f6a3988ae
    Enjoy :-).

    ReplyDelete